Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Well, away we sliiiiddddeeeeeeee.... just a couple of weeks ago my wife and I were motivated to watch the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace University" series on DVD. We purchased this kit for $299 and I do not recommend that others purchase it.

You can buy the Financial Peace book on Amazon, used. In fact, I say skip the book and just get a hold of the DVD series. I think that Dave spends a bit too much of his energy hyping his presentations, he should consider adding more substance. More examples. Less of the "You....MUST.....Do.....". More of the "Try this formula when setting up your budget" or "I recommend using XYZ type bank services to help you meet your financial goals".

I find it very difficult to work on managing my debt and finances, when I am not bringing in any money to help me accomplish those goals. Our bills are laying all over the place. We let our "envelope system" (highly recommend by Dave Ramsey, and I must say that it is a bit bulky, but with discipline is an excellent method of managing cash) slide, and now I need to figure out what we spent on this and that, and what days we made those transactions, then record those transactions. Word of the wise: no matter what budgeting system you're using, STICK TO IT! Sticking to a budgeting system requires motivation and organization (I think that organization needs to come first), but not even the most elaborate money management system in the world is effective without a sticking-to-it'ness.

My goal is to find a job, or some form of employment. My wife is due with our first child this May 2006 and I NEED INCOME!!!! After I land a job, I'll feel more equipped (duh!) to take care of other areas of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home